My packing ListThis is just all the stuff that I knew I would need.
This is a guide for installing WordPress, Plugins recommendations and the DIVI theme & builder. A guide to making your WordPress as safe as possible and create a beautiful layout either from premade DIVI layouts or to create your own layout. (Please note: there is never a 100% guarantee that your site is hacker safe. Yet you can do what is possible to make it more difficult to hack your website). 1. I host my site with SiteGround and my plan is the GoGeek.
Guide for WordPress Plugins
2. After installing WordPress on Siteground I install the following plugins (These are just examples for what I prefer to use. Please do your own research before installing any plugin. There are loads of guides for WordPress for beginner online you can check.):
- Akismet is a spam filtering service that filters spam from comments, trackbacks, and contact form messages. It offers a free basic version or paid with support.
- Jetpack is a multi plugin combining, visitor engagement, security, appearance and writing. It offers a free basic version or paid with support.
- An SEO plugin such as Yoast or All In One SEO Pack. Both are popular search-optimization plug-ins for WordPress. They have a free basic version or a paid version with support and also offer tutorials and paid SEO training.
- A security Plugin like Wordfence, iThemes Security, All in One WP Security. There are many security plugins available. Most of them offer a free version and a paid version that offers support. Please do your research before you install any security plugin. Again, there are loads of guides for WordPress for beginner online you can check.
- A plugin that displays your website as an RSS feed as text only such as the RSS Aggregator.
3. After installing the recommended plugins I install the DIVI theme and the DIVI builder.
I prefer DIVI from Elegant Themes. It follows the same principle of drag and drop design approaches as Squarespace, Wix, Weebly or similar website builders. The downside of website builder platforms like Squarespace, Wix or Weebly is, that you have to host your website with them direct. I prefer to choose where I want to host my website. Especially since Siteground is my favourite hosting service. However, I admit that for anyone with a small budget who can’t hire a website developer/designer and has zero website building knowledge Squarespace, Wix, Weebly or similar are a better choice. But for a geek like me, the combination of WordPress and the DIVI theme and the DIVI builder offer far more options and freedom: And that is what I would recommend to anyone to go with at this time.
This Friday is Divi Black Friday Sale https://www.elegantthemes.com/black-friday-2021/
I hope this guide for WordPress was useful!